Monday, October 5, 2009

Balance.

Being a Mom is hard. I don't know how else to describe the sleepless nights, the selfless giving... trying to balance love for your husband and your child(ren). All worth it of course, but it's a TOUGH job. Not sure if I can relate with everyone, but I find it much easier on Fridays/Saturdays when I drop Brecken off with my in-laws or leave him with my husband and take that quiet car ride to "work" (taking wedding pictures.) I find such peace in a quiet car these days ;) Can I hear an amen?!?

Now, don't take this wrong... I wouldn't change staying home with Brecken for anything. I'm proud of what I get to see him accomplish and all he's learning, but as my "work" picks up, my stress level rises. The house isn't clean, the laundry fairy hasn't come and supper more often than not consists of frozen pizza, lunchmeat sandwiches or something I've literally tossed in the crockpot with carrots and potatoes! When I lie Brecken down for his naps, I'm running into the office to try to edit pictures ignoring the phone, bathroom breaks... anything to try to get caught up!

I've found the answer! Most said part time daycare was impossible, but I've found such a woman--some call her Sherry; I'm going to call her my relief pitcher. She's going to love on Brecken two afternoons a week so I can get caught up. In turn, I'm hoping to catch up on a little "me" time when he's sleeping at home (instead of running into the office!) Maybe I'll actually get to enjoy a good book or (gasp!) maybe a bubble bath??? I think it'll make me a better Mom in the end. I just have a to let go a little...



No comments: