Thursday, November 19, 2009

Nicky + Kurt

After 18 weddings this year, I have mixed feelings about wrapping up the 2009 year. It's only January until my next comes along, but I always have such a great time and absolutely LOVE weddings that I have to admit... I'm going to miss not going to a wedding for the next month and a half. Josh is looking forward to some family time and weekends together--I am too... just going to miss the "me" time--when I don't have to think about making the next meal or doing laundry or cleaning house or changing diapers... all you Moms know what I'm talking about ;)  And really, does it get any better than getting to be a part of a couple's first step? One of the happiest days of their lives? Ohhh... let's not talk about it anymore--I'll be back there soon. 


Nicky and Kurt ended on a fabulous note. The ceremony was in a beautiful church in Hannibal and the reception was outside (Yes! I love anything outside!) out on the countryside. They have a great, supportive family and friends to boot. I have to be a little bit envious--they live in Hermann, MO. If you haven't been there, you must go. It's a fabulous little German wine town full of quiet bed and breakfasts, small family restaurants, fantastic wineries and so much character. Josh and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary there a couple years ago and we've both been longing to go back. But aside from all that, Nicky and Kurt are a joy to be around. He makes her laugh. She gives him the look... a fun-loving, adorable couple who threw one fantastic party. Kurt even SANG to Nicky at the reception! You go Kurt! Fantastic day for a fantastic couple. Cheers!



















No comments: