Monday, September 14, 2009

I'm still here and I'm still editing!

Sooo... I must catch up with all my faithful readers... (Beth are you out there?) I had an INCREDIBLE wedding nearly 4 weeks ago, and have still not finished editing all the pictures. I know, I know... totally breaking the 2-3 week rule. However--you must forgive me. It was a double ceremony wedding--Christian and Indian with two photographers, so 4 times the normal shots! I've finally made it to all the location shots and am totally sucked into editing. I wanted to give a little preview/update for Jessica and Alok and all their family...

Delicious colors... ahh... the Indian attire was beautiful! Jessica looked gorgeous. I was totally obsessed with the jewelry she wore on her head...






You must forgive me as I describe the Indian traditions, as this was my first Indian wedding, but as I understand... typically on the day the couple are to be married, the groom-to-be dances through his village/town picking up guests along the way grooving to the ceremony location.

I can't begin to tell you how fun this was. The crowd was huge and somehow gracefully and rhythmically swaying their entire bodies to the music. No one was awkward or seemingly uncomfortable... everyone took part--young to old, Indian to Caucasian. It was a really astounding site to see. I would have been dancing along with them had I not had my camera in hand!





Alok began the trip on the back of a convertible. Around half way through, he joined... well... more like became the center of the entertainment.


So far I have to say this is one of my favorite shots...


Mother of the groom... we had a hard time getting her to crack a smile during all the formal pics, but here we didn't have to do a thing. Pure joy.






During the Indian ceremony...







Quick change during the intermission before heading onto the Christian ceremony.


















I sat with this couple on the bus. Unfortunately I didn't get their names, but I still hope you made it to Tiramisu!!! You both were so fun-congrats on your wedding!


Okay, so here we are to location pics... this is where I'm at today (well... tonight.) These are a quick peek; I'll post more later!










No comments: