Thursday, August 26, 2010

A little taste of home

While Quincy has become my home and I absolutely love with it's historic nuances, I grew up in a small town.  Now, when I say small, I mean 150 people small.  I went to Central (Camp Point) and graduated with a little over 60 other seniors.  My life revolved (literally) around basketball and volleyball and the girls that played right alongside me.  Anyone relating?  Rosy and Gary can. While they are loyal fans of one my old rivals, Mendon, they still have that feeling of home. There isn't an awkward silence or uncomfortableness, they just are "warm". They know me as the girl with the really, really long braid who always played sports.  And that is comforting  :)


I've taken pics at their house a couple times now.  Rosy is a master gardener and Gary has built an amazing barn with all sorts of awesome collections--the Cardinals, rulers, neon signs... the ultimate "guy" hangout.  We documented a little of that alongside of them.  They're also animal lovers, lots of cats and Ernie the dog.  Just for kicks--we got an "X" rated shot of the cat near the end of the shoot (close your eyes if you're under 18 :)  







No comments: