Thursday, June 17, 2010

One for the King.

I see a lot of weddings, that's a given.  I don't want to hurt any feelings, but... a lot of ceremonies are the same--the processional, the prayer, the readings, the message, vows, rings, unity candle, maybe a song... that's about it. I can call it without even glancing at a program. However, there are a few that stand out.  Maybe it's the message or maybe it's done in the round outside or maybe there's a crazy creative element that I just can't get over. With Sarah and Jordan, it was God.  They love God and I love that.  I can honestly say they had one of the most God-honoring ceremonies I've been to in some time.  They are the real deal.  Forever.  Committed to God first and their marriage second and took their vows with the upmost seriousness.  I felt totally uplifted when I left the church and it had nothing to do with me. It had everything to do with feeling the Holy Spirit just wash over their commitment in that moment.  In fact, right after getting married, the newly weds packed up their stuff and moved to Colorado. Why?  They felt they needed to. No jobs took them there... just a commitment to serving.  You both are an inspiration to me.  As you begin your life serving others, I pray so much love and joy and peace upon you both.  Congratulations Sarah and Jordan!!!













No comments: