Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Contest!

I'm always on the lookout for new, exciting locations.  I love textures, colors, cool grasses, fences... if you've dug around in my pics, you get the idea. So the contest is this -- if you know an awesome location that I have NOT used before, post it in the comments.  I'll drive around and find all that are posted (pending they are in Quincy.)  I'll choose the coolest one (or maybe two if there's more than one that are amazing.) You win a session there along with an 8"x10" portrait--an $80 value. Now, you can't send me into someone's yard (unless you have permission) or have me scale a building. The location has to be reasonable. And of course... I'm the judge ;)  


8 comments:

romig41281 said...

Does it have to be just Quincy locations, or can it be locations close to Quincy?

Maggie said...

Oooh... this makes me want to drive around Quincy! I would be remiss to not say my Mom's back yard and you are always welcome there. :)

Other ideas:
-The old Celotex site by the river
-Stone building on Radio Road
(but I can't guarantee you wouldn't be trespassing at these locations)

tieraney said...

It would need to be REALLY close to Quincy. Otherwise, I can't guarantee that I would get there and be able to include it.

tieraney said...

Actually benjamin... you could email me a picture to tieraney@cyellowphotography.com and I could check it out that way! How far is this place from Quincy?

Emily said...

Here are my ideas so far...

1. Soldiers and Sailors Home: when we were kids we could climb around on the tanks, etc. (not sure if that's still the case, but very possible) and there are some lovely and cool-looking industrial spots all over the property.

2. Quinsippi Island: there's the single-lane bridge on the way to the island, the log cabins, and there used to be a way to get to a little sandy area by the water on the west side of the island (haven't gone there since college, so you'd have to investigate further).

romig41281 said...

Oh they are just in Hannibal, besides Downtown Quincy I love Downtown Hannibal! Both great places for great pictures!

Lover's Leap, River View Park, Lighthouse, Mark Twain/ Huck Finn Monuments & Buildings, Riverfront Park, Main St. & there Historic Buildings. I will send you some pictures!

romig41281 said...

More that I thought of: Bridge in South Park Quincy, Villa Kathrine Quincy, Post Office Quincy,
4. Villa Kathrine Quincy, Mark Twain Dinette Sign Hannibal, Mark Twain Hotel Downtown Hannibal, Bubba's Building Downtown Hannibal, Star Theater Downtown Hannibal, Horse Trolley Downtown Hannibal, Old gas station in Hannibal, Kesler Park Quincy, & QU Stadium. I sent you another email with pics! :D

romig41281 said...

Did you get the photos I sent you?